Champions for Health (CFH) is a non-profit, 501(C) 3 organization founded by San Diego County physicians and the leadership of the San Diego County Medical Society in 2004. Our mission is to improve community health and wellness, access to care for all, and support for physicians through engaged volunteerism. CFH operate on a budget of roughly $700k per year, with a mix of grants, contracts, and fundraising.
Reporting to the Board of Directors and the San Diego County Medical Society CEO, the Executive Director (ED) will have operational responsibility for CFH staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. The ED will be a self-directed entrepreneurial leader with a diverse skill set who is comfortable driving success in a dynamic environment.
The successful candidate will passionately embrace the mission and values of CFH. ED will be responsible for fostering external relations, generating resources for the organization, developing a successful business plan for various programs and work with the Board to meet future and growing community healthcare needs in line with organizational mission. Will work extensively with strategic partners including physicians, healthcare stakeholders, business, community, and governmental groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization.
Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years non-profit or public management/leadership experience, with history of increasing responsibility. Seeking proven success in financial development, fostering and expanding innovative programs. A Bachelor’s degree is required, with relevant advanced degrees desirable.
This is a full time, exempt position with occasional weekend and evening hours. Salary is commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and experiences.
To apply, email cover letter, resume, three professional references and optional letters of recommendation to jobs@ChampionsFH.org.
Champions for Health is an equal opportunity employer.
The organization’s policy is to prohibit discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or age.
Electronic Health Records Project Manager – Consultant Position
Champions for Health is a non-profit, 501(c)3 with a mission to improve community health and wellness, access to care for all, and support for physicians through engaged volunteerism.
Champions for Health is contracted by CalHIPSO to assist small and medium-sized physician practices to maximize the use of their electronic health records systems, and receive their CMS Incentive Funds. Specifically in this round, we are working with physician practices, midwife practices, optometrists and dentists who have a minimum MediCaid patient base of 30% (20% for pediatricians). We are working to support wide-spread adoption of EHRs across the state and support the achievement of “meaningful use” of EHRs to support health care quality, safety, and efficiency.
About the E-HR Project manager Position
The E-HR Project Manager is responsible for providing support and services to private medical offices with the ultimate goal of implementation and meaningful use (MU Modified Stage 2) of electronic health records for at least 100 eligible practitioners over the next two years. This includes developing and maintaining positive relationships with practitioners and their staff while providing high-level support for EHR implementation. The E-HR Project Manager will also be the liaison to EHR and HIT vendors. The E-HR Project Manager will report to the Champions CEO. This is a flexible, 15 – 20 hour per week consulting position; the candidate should be able to self-manage a schedule based on client needs. Some work can be done by telephone and/or web conferencing; the balance in person.
- Provide technical assistance services to private practices. Services include, but are not limited to
- Outreach and enrollment of eligible practitioners for free TA services
- Training and education on electronic health records and meaningful use criteria
- Workflow and readiness assessments as related to EHR implementation
- Coaching on achieving and reporting Meaningful Use measures
- Troubleshooting issues with CMS and State Level Registries for attestation of AIU, MU.
- Assisting practices to utilize/connect with San Diego Health Connect HIE
- Meaningful use reporting for achieving Incentive Funds
- Assisting to work with hardware and software vendors to ensure EHR implementation and meaningful use.
- Responsible for reporting as required by contracts.
- Responsible for maintaining data in Excel, shared documents.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
The ideal candidate is someone with direct experience working in a physician practice, including practice management, workflow, and billing systems. The candidate will have experience with implementing multiple EMR systems, and understands the challenges and opportunities available through an EMR. The candidate will have the ability to communicate with physicians and office staff in a proactive manner.
- BA/BS degree in a related field.
- At least five years working in practice management or IT/EHR is required.
- Direct experience with implementing and utilizing multiple electronic health record systems.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and the latest business software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently is critical to this position.
This is a part-time, independent contractor position with no benefits offered.
Qualified candidates may apply by sending the following application packet:
□ Cover Letter of Interest
□ CV or Resume
□ Two page response to the following three questions:
- Summarize your experience working with electronic health records in private physician offices.
- As the E-HR Project Manager, what would be your approach to working with small primary care practices who are reluctant to implement electronic health records.
- What are your compensation requirements?
Completed application packets may be sent to the attention of:
Barbara Mandel, Chief Executive Officer
Champions for Health
5575 Ruffin Rd., Suite 250
San Diego, CA 92123
NO PHONE CALLS.