Champions for Health is offering free immunizations to increase health equity in marginalized communities, in partnership with the County of San Diego Health and Human Services and United Healthcare, and Las Patronas. These efforts are part of our ongoing programs that provide preventative and specialty medical care to underinsured and uninsured populations in the San Diego region. During 2020-21, we administered 6500 free flu vaccinations and more than 17,000 COVID doses.
Immunizations are crucial in order to protect yourself, your loved ones, and those around you.
Who is eligible for a Flu Vaccination, and other immunizations?
- Influenza is a leading cause of death for individuals with other prolonged diseases and illnesses.
- Flu shots are available for anyone 4 years and older.
- PCV13 is recommended to those 65 and older.
- Tdap is recommended to those between the ages of 10-64
Who is eligible for a COVID-19 Vaccination?
- COVID-19 vaccinations are available for anyone 12 years and older.
- Vaccine type varies by location
Find the location of free vaccines nearest you:
Flu Vaccination Clinic Locations (check back in fall 2021)
COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic Locations (check back soon)
For more information about our Free Flu Immunization program, contact Andrew Gonzalez at [email protected] or at (858) 300-2787
Interested in hosting a Flu or COVID-19 Clinic in your community? Please fill out the interest form below.
Flu Clinic Host Interest Form