Champions for Health Background
Founded and directed by physicians, Champions for Health provides medical professionals convenient ways to volunteer to improve health in our community. Our outreach and commitment to serve the medical needs of those less fortunate in San Diego have engaged a robust network of medical professionals determined to make a difference. Our programs help physicians, patients and our community at-large by offering efficient and meaningful access to care, preventive health education, and by serving as a resource of information and support for medical students.
Our Federal tax identification number is 95-2568714.
Recent Press Coverage
- SDCMS Foundation Rejoins Love Your Heart Day Collaboration
- First Annual Sunset 5K Run/Walk Attracts 600+ to Support Diabetes Prevention
- Seven Patients Receive Free Surgeries at Project Access Surgery Day
- Learn How the SDCMS Foundation Can Help You Be a Role Model for Your Patients
- County Supervisor Dave Roberts grants funds to Solana Beach Sunset 5K
- CitiVolunteers assemble and donate wheelchairs for Champions for Health
- UC San Diego Med Student Scholarship Winner Press Release – May 2014
- Saturday Surgery Press Release – April 2014
- Eye Surgery Day Press Release – April 2014
- Times of San Diego – Surgery Day – April 2014
- Media Clips – November & December 2013
- Media Clips – August – October 2013
- Surgery Saturday Press Release – October 2013
- Fairbanks Living – Aces for Health Golf Tournament 2013
- Surgery Saturday Press Release – April 2013
- Aces for Health Rancho Santa Fe – March 2013
Find out more information on our upcoming events.
Downloadable Fact Sheets
While you will find helpful information throughout our site, we also wish to serve as a resource when it comes to access to medical professionals – especially those who volunteer. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
For more information, please contact Barbara Mandel.